The Animals of Farthing Wood is a series of eight books written by British author Colin Dann. The books tell the story of a group of woodland animals whose home, Farthing Wood, is being destroyed for development by humans. They learn of a nature reserve, White Deer Park, where they will be safe, and undertake to make the journey together. They form the Oath of Mutual Protection, promising to protect one another and overcome their natural instincts until they reach their destination.
The original book was published in 1979 and was originally meant to be a stand alone book, with the animals reaching White Deer Park at the end. The success of the book led to a further six novels detailing the adventures of the animals once they reached White Deer Park, and a prequel showing how Farthing Wood came to be destroyed.
The books were first published between 1979 and 1994.
- The Animals of Farthing Wood (1979)
- In the Grip of Winter (1981)
- Fox's Feud (1982)
- The Fox Cub Bold (1983)
- The Siege of White Deer Park (1985)
- In the Path of the Storm (1989)
- Battle for the Park (1992)
- Farthing Wood: The Adventure Begins (1994)
- Main article: List of Characters (book series)
- Main article: The Animals of Farthing Wood (TV series)